Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you search for a plumber in Vancouver this page is usually in the top 10. It's been that way for years.

http://www.darrenbarefoot.com/archives/2005/07/lazyweb-request-a-vancouver-plumber.html

I think it is partly because he has written it for 10 years and partly because he is an internet marketer. But I cannot see a lot of heavy promotion, just writing about popular culture and stuff around his community (music, hockey, people etc.).

Maybe if you want to be well known and rank talk about other things too (other than business). Just an idea.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Do all of the google ads help it?

How much can your reputation be hurt by writing so many personal opinions? If it links to your site it seems like it'd be really hard to not offend whole groups of people at a time by putting your point of view in print on the web.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do all of the google ads help it?

How much can your reputation be hurt by writing so many personal opinions? If it links to your site it seems like it'd be really hard to not offend whole groups of people at a time by putting your point of view in print on the web.
If this page ranks so well the Google ads must be paying him something. The plumbers that advertise on Google ads must be getting some hits.

I also noticed that his ads are just before the title on this post while they are after the content text on his other posts. So maybe this post is particularly profitable. I wonder what he makes from this site.

The opinions don't seem to be too controversial. I'd stay away from religion, racial stereotypes, ethnic jokes, etc. Anything you can't say in mixed company.

·
Internet Marketing Agency
339 Posts
Interesting post....if we are curious about why this site ranks so well maybe we should look at the site and see whats up.

first...it's an adsense site nothing more. my guess its that he makes a few dollars a day (maybe a little more) I have not look at the price on this keywords.

click on his "JOBS" link at the top....lol he has not even bothered to change out the filler text.

ok...next I'm posing an image on here with a few stats....there you will be able to see why it ranks so well.

the number of backlinks should get your attention.

this also looks a lot like and automated blog....it's late and I'm tired maybe tomorrow I'll look into it a little more.

j

·
Registered
164 Posts
The age of site helps very much, the older your domain the easier to rank.This guys home page has a Page Rank 6 with 95,000 links.How many years until your domain expires is important dont let it go below one year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts