Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
union said:
how much is per square feet :cheesygri
144 square inches :cheesygri

To determine the price per square foot you need to add the total cost of the work to the amount of profit you want to make and then divide that number (the price) by the length (100) and then divide again by the height (6).

As an example only, if it costs you $5,000 to do the work and you want to earn $500 profit then the price is $5,500.
A price of $5,500 divided by a wall length of 100 feet divided by a wall height of 6 feet = $1.83 per square foot.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Rick, I don't think that was the answer he was looking for. I think that he wanted to know the going rate per sq.ft. and union, that will be regional.
FL is a right-to-work state with a large minimum wage labor pool and I can build that wall for a lot less than someone in an area where everything has to be union labor. Permit and inspection fees vary as well as many other factors.
If you could tell us where this wall is being built possibly someone could help.

G

·
In our area, masons are charging $ 1.75 to $2.00 per masonry block laid. If you want to compare it to sq. ft. The face of one block is .8911 sq. ft. (8"x16")
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
E=MC SQd.

It depends on the size and weight. Most blocks are 8" high And come in 2 lengths. 16" and 18" long... So Just for the record, 8"X 18" = 1 SqFt.
Hope thats a little more helpful to u.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Here in central NJ, the union rate for a wall like that would be $16.75 to $18/SF, depending on the reinforcing/grouting specs. Of course, that information is pretty much useless to you, but I figured I'd throw it out there as the opposite end of the spectrum from the "buck a block" guys.

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts