• no

Votes: 2 100.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
So even for a donation of 1000 dollars you don't even get one, just a chance to purchase one? What would you be looking to sell each unit for? Do you think carpenters would want to carry yet another tool?

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
I looked at your link and wish you had a video.

As a carpenter I would say it would be a waist of money. As someone who would have to come in behind a carpenter it might be nice to have. Like a painter who would need to set nails that the carpenter left proud. I know, I know......that carpenter sucks but not everyone has the luxury of saying no to work. So if a painter could bring a small device to set the nails and it could fit into their pocket then I might see a use for it.

But you are talking about using disposable items. So you would have to buy CO2 cartridges all the time. That could add up to a lot of $$$.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I think you may need a prototype before you try to find investors. I have also seen nail sets that are spring powered. I know a lot of painters who prefer those to the traditional mail set. The spring type cost like 5 bucks and requires no additional equipment. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with your idea.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So even for a donation of 1000 dollars you don't even get one, just a chance to purchase one? What would you be looking to sell each unit for? Do you think carpenters would want to carry yet another tool?
You get everything that the lower donations get plus the other. So you would get an engraved one. The target price would be around $20 to $30

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I looked at your link and wish you had a video.

As a carpenter I would say it would be a waist of money. As someone who would have to come in behind a carpenter it might be nice to have. Like a painter who would need to set nails that the carpenter left proud. I know, I know......that carpenter sucks but not everyone has the luxury of saying no to work. So if a painter could bring a small device to set the nails and it could fit into their pocket then I might see a use for it.

But you are talking about using disposable items. So you would have to buy CO2 cartridges all the time. That could add up to a lot of $$$.
Thank you for your feedback. A video and drawings are coming soon :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think you may need a prototype before you try to find investors. I have also seen nail sets that are spring powered. I know a lot of painters who prefer those to the traditional mail set. The spring type cost like 5 bucks and requires no additional equipment. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with your idea.
This is the seed round of investing to get a working prototype. I have a set of the spring powered and they are handy as punches but not so much for setting nails. Thank you :)

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,798 Posts
You are soliciting funding and/or doing market research, neither of which is permitted here.

Thread closed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.