Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
General Contractor
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a client looking for 9"x18" floor tile (ceramic, marble whatever).
Does anyone know where she can find these?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I'm getting requests for big tile but not long,narrow tile. Might be a neat look though.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
I only see wall tile in rectagular shapes, all the floor tile I see is always square. Since she is already up for the extra costs of marble supplying her with rectangular floor tile in marble shouldn't be much of a problem at all. 20x20 marble isn't that unusual and the additional cost (depending on the square footage of the job) shouldn't be much to cut it down 20s to 9x18s or even better 10x20s, really just a matter of setting a fence on the saw and running them all through. Doing the same with ceramic however would be less than ideal since the cut lines on each tile would be noticeable vs the other factory edges. Those are my experiences with my tile suppliers, perhaps other parts of the country have some different experiences.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
You could save money by finding a thru body porcelain too.

·
Registered
363 Posts
In Austin, you may beable to find Travis Tile on the internet. If its possible or not they will let you know. Or get their Phone number from 411.

·
Registered
11 Posts
soxfan said:
If all else fails you can cut Marble down to any size you want. I found several like this one different websites with 18*18 Marble tiles.
Yes, however watcch for beveled edges, unless you plan on cutting all 4 sides. Stones can be found without beveled edges, but with them also, so check samples otherwise the cut side will look a little different.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts