Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am with 84 Lumber in Bardstown KY, I have been in contractor sales for about 6 months and am trying to get my name out nationwide, if there is anyone that does remodeling, new construction, even commercial applications, I can help you out, with 84 lumber I have the ability to get you the best service possible no matter where you are located in the United States. I will be checking this site daily and my cell phone and email are on my profile, if anyone has any questions about a quote please feel free to call, text or email. Have a nice day!!

·
Hair Splitter
18,322 Posts
Jordan,

Start a thread in the intro section as well. Also have the MODs change your membership to a vendor.

Welcome to CT and I have a lot of question for you, such as why do I have to ask for the lowest price on say Maze siiing nails, instead of just marking with the lowest price. That is one of the biggest turn offs with 84. They are about 40% more than the local big box.

Rob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that would be because walk in customers aren't coded to a salesmen, if I were your salesmen then nails and other hardware would compare to lowes if not beat them. Do you have any new construction going on now?

·
Hair Splitter
18,322 Posts
Well that would be because walk in customers aren't coded to a salesmen, if I were your salesmen then nails and other hardware would compare to lowes if not beat them. Do you have any new construction going on now?
Never had them ask me to get coded or open an account. Been there four times this year. Half the time I did there were four or five people that just walked passed me without saying a word while one guy at the counter answered a phone call and the other helped someone look up something to order. All the while two guys sitting in the office couldn't care less about us just standing there.

84 has never made me feel welcome our comfotable. At least menards contractor sales guys are always reaching out and making sure that I am getting the best deal.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
local 84 doesn't treat me well either.

I end up at local HD as their pro guys seem to actually like to help contractors.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
About 3/4 of the stores here in NJ all closed down.
It seemed like they all shut down right at the same time.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I married a chick from 84 lumber once... :thumbsup:

They wouldn't take her back though:mad:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
My last trip to 84 was a 400.00 return on a Saturday morning. One guy in the entire place, I unloaded and he jotted the info down and never gave me a credit, said it would be in mail....one person working a 3 acre store, crazy run place.

·
Registered
16,392 Posts
I used both of our 84's a couple times just to see if all what I had heard was true. It sure was. They were expensive, badly stocked with attitudes. Ain't been back in 5 years. I hate also that I have to ask for better pricing because of the crazy prices and then they act like I'm robbing them!

Just like RadioShack and HH Greg I have no idea how they stay in business as there's never anyone in there and I never ever see the trucks around.

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
I'll go against the grain on this one, I have never asked for a better price, they always give it to me. They by far have the best stock of materials in our city, as many free pencils as I can take. My only problem with them is no free delivery, and they aren't up to par in fast delivery.

·
Hair Splitter
18,322 Posts
Google satellite image of the 84 Lumber versus the Menards in Naperville and 84 is a joke. If they didn't treat my like I was bothering them and their prices weren't ridiculous, I would go there, but the fact is they are a joke and will go out of business because they have forgotten what it means to stay competitive.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts