Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the beginning stages of putting an addition on my house. I would like to try to match what i currently have on my house. So the question is, do they still make alumnium siding; or would i have to have all of the new siding made on a brake. Or, are there any other Ideas?

Thanks
Ben

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
great. the color thing is not a problem, as i painted the whole house last year. Do you know if it is comparable in price to vynal(spelling) siding?

·
Super Moderator
10,597 Posts
It definitely costs more. Probably about 3x the price I think. But if you only need a little, probably not a big deal. Weaving it into the existing can be a challenge though.

·
Project Manager
2,642 Posts
I am in the beginning stages of putting an addition on my house. I would like to try to match what i currently have on my house. So the question is, do they still make alumnium siding; or would i have to have all of the new siding made on a brake. Or, are there any other Ideas?

Thanks
Ben
How large of an area is aluminum sided now? Is it an entire house, or part brick part aluminum siding?

Would it be beneficial to replace all the siding at the time you side the addition with new vinyl?

Could you side the addition in vinyl and the house a year or two down the road?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts