Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
three phase tf is 120 degree out and i have never seen anything contrary. what other type of tf is there beside single and 3 p ? i was reading a tech book that implied that there was more. what would it be 4 phase 90 degree? would that play hell with harmonics?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Marx, do you really want to do this in public? Google Tesla, root around and you will understand.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Teetorbilt said:
Marx, do you really want to do this in public? Google Tesla, root around and you will understand.
3 phase and single tf are what i know. i only know the two. i know tesla though he s my hero. i really should know more, thats kind of why i was reading that book. i deal with the everyday instalation of power dist. soooo i will look him up and get back to you. does everyone but me know the answer to the polyphase tf question? :eek: then i better get on the ball. thanx. :Thumbs:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
is it as simple as adding another coil out of phase and balancing it? this is a ref to a 3 to 6 wye tf and its pretty much what i thought -

3-phase to 6-phase "wye" isolation transformer. The 6-phase "wye" secondary has three single-phase outputs -- all are balanced 120-volt outputs with 60 Volts to ground. Each output circuit is rotated 120 degrees from the adjacent output circuits. All three single-phase outputs share a common grounding reference. This configuration resembles a 6-point starburst.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Marx, I wish you luck.
I have spent the majority of my time on his low- freq concepts. I have a diesel Mercedes that will kill your boom box and car. I am still working on focusing the beam to a single car, my nirvana. No more BOOOM BOOM BOOOOM.
What gives them the right to invade my space on the road? I'm betting the same right that I have to cancel them out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts