Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking to cut couple hundret shets of plywood

And would like to use makita 16" beam saw for that purpose or similar saw does any body can tell if the saw will have enought power to cut full depth ..... at 13 shets of 1/2 each...?

Or wormdrive will do better job...?

Track saws have smaller capacy and have less power...

Chainsaw makes too rought of a cut

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Track saw sounds like it would be better. IMO. Easier to handle without the fuss of setting up a guide each pass.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I take it we are never going to get the Sword Saw in the US but, that would be yet another reason to pick one up :)

I'd use the TS 75 also.

·
Registered
Remodel
31,141 Posts
I always looked at cut roughness and cut accuracy as two different things. If you get a too rough, but accurate cut off of a stack, you can sand the edges, but that's extra time.

Whether you can power through the cut or not is going to depend a lot on how much binding you're getting - bottom of the stack could be a problem.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Not really kidding.... buy it from a big box..... first cut per sheet is free!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I always looked at cut roughness and cut accuracy as two different things. If you get a too rough, but accurate cut off of a stack, you can sand the edges, but that's extra time.

Whether you can power through the cut or not is going to depend a lot on how much binding you're getting - bottom of the stack could be a problem.
Yes you are right those are different I need accuracy. ..

·
Always Learning
8,722 Posts
Just one cut per sheet? For me, back delivery truck into shop. Unload bunks with my forklift. Move bunks one at a time close to my shop table saw. Make cut, re-stack on another pallet. Repeat till done. If you dont have the setup, see what you yard will charge you to pre-cut them. Thats alot of sheets to cut...

1 - 20 of 179 Posts