Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A warehouse wants to hook up two extra 480v 30a outlets for forklift chargers. They have to fuse boxes from one 480v 30a breaker in the panel that feed the two outlets for the chargers they already have. Is it possible to run an extra two outlets from this power or do I need to install another 480v 30a breaker and install two new fuse boxes and outlets for the two chargers they want?

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,704 Posts
So you have two 30A outlets on a single 30A breaker? Right there, the math doesn't work, even without adding more outlets to that circuit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you have two 30A outlets on a single 30A breaker? Right there, the math doesn't work, even without adding more outlets to that circuit.
No i took of the panel cover and saw that its two breakers just one conduit though
anyways i got it. thank you!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
No one can give you the info you need without knowing the specs on the chargers. They cover a very large range in output volts, & amps. 3ph chargers are totally different numbers than single ph 120v. Get charger specs, & look up matching 3ph charger requirements. 480v 3ph is a lot of supply power!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts