Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Electrician
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently there was a arc on the utility side on A phase, and it blew out A first, and just went down the line to B and C. All in all, they lost $500k in frozen/refrigerated foods, and then they ran off of a large generator for a month until we changed that main out. Also, we had 2 generators running the coolers while doing this lol.

·
Registered
9,055 Posts
Imagine being in that room when it happened, I would be in the underwear aisle looking for new ones

I've done work in hospitals and whey you walked by some of those panels, the hair on your arms would stand up

·
GC/carpenter
43,626 Posts
Apparently there was a arc on the utility side on A phase, and it blew out A first, and just went down the line to B and C. All in all, they lost $500k in frozen/refrigerated foods, and then they ran off of a large generator for a month until we changed that main out. Also, we had 2 generators running the coolers while doing this lol.
Let me guess the utilities are only paying for their side of the service. Lol

Mike.
___

·
Registered
Electrician
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what's supposed to happen, right? Even though they caused the damage, they don't pay for it, it's always on property owner.. of course that makes sense lol

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
6,300 Posts
Nice project. 👍

Whats with all the orange? That a high leg delta?

Seems strange for a retail place.

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
6,300 Posts
Imagine being in that room when it happened, I would be in the underwear aisle looking for new ones

I've done work in hospitals and whey you walked by some of those panels, the hair on your arms would stand up
I think you’d probly maybe be dead. 👍😳

Arc flash is no joke.

·
Registered
Electrician
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
480v, brown orange yellow, because feeding condensers, chillers, lighting everything, 277 lighting as well.. its common for walmarts to have 480 like that, not delta though. Sams clubs has odd buck boosters to 208 for a meat slicer too.. Engineer's are always logical!

·
Registered
795 Posts
I missed a boiler in a hospital blow up by a few days, blew out the entire back wall of the building as designed
Thread drift. I had a 15-20 gal hot water expansion tank in a bank branch blow up, shot around the room like a pinball. Walls were concrete block so it didnt leave the room, but it still managed to severely damage the exterior wall.

·
Registered
Electrician
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Those electrical rooms for all of the walmarts over here are about the average size of a conex, maybe 6-8ft wide, about 30 ft long, and no roof on it, as it is inside the back of the store. But we were doing arc flash studies for all of the ones over here at least, just hadn't got to the one yet because this one they were being difficult to schedule with corporate lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts