Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Back from the dead...
6,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use one of those 4' mini rolling/folding scaffolds a lot.
My last one lasted almost 10 yrs until one of the casters finally shot craps.
The caster stem was an odd size so I can't replace the caster. So I bought one at the big box store.
My old one had nice rubber 5" casters. This one has crappy 4" plastic ones. Even when locked, they slide on carpet.
A quick google search shows me that I can't find a high-quality 4' rolling scaffold anymore. All I see are weak one with 4" casters.
Does anybody have a source for good, high-quality mini scaffolds?

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
6,469 Posts
:eek:

Havn't seen you around in awhile.

Northern tool and Grainger both have some that appear to be decent. Grainger sells Bil-Jax, and I'm a fan of their towable manlifts. :thumbsup: Don't know specifically about their other products, though.

Delta

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
If your new scaffold is decent you should able to find high quality casters to fit it at Grainger or McMaster Carr

·
Head Light Bulb Changer
847 Posts
Find some nice casters and take the old frame to a welding/fab shop to marry them up. Then a couple squirts with a rattle can and you're good to go.

·
Drywall Slave
9,441 Posts
I use one of those 4' mini rolling/folding scaffolds a lot.
My last one lasted almost 10 yrs until one of the casters finally shot craps.
The caster stem was an odd size so I can't replace the caster. So I bought one at the big box store.
My old one had nice rubber 5" casters. This one has crappy 4" plastic ones. Even when locked, they slide on carpet.
A quick google search shows me that I can't find a high-quality 4' rolling scaffold anymore. All I see are weak one with 4" casters.
Does anybody have a source for good, high-quality mini scaffolds?
Bil jax!

·
Registered
460 Posts
He's not talking a 6ft baker, he's talking a 4ft step up. We use several of them daily. Look into a Nuwave Perry step-up. They'll run north of $250, but they are quality.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I have the Perry folding 6' step up. Though they made a 4' too ?
Also like the idea about welding new wheels on.

Nice to hear from you. Good luck. Keep us posted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts