Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you bring in one old broken tool with two no good batteries Milwaukee will take $100 off the price of a 4 piece combo.... impact, drill, reciprocating saw, light, two batteries and a charger., I took advantage of it.

·
Registered
12,964 Posts
Go to Harbor Freight, but the cheapest piece 'o chit they have and trade that in. Just check on what size battery you need to trade in. When I did my Dewalt 20v trade in, it had to be at least a 12 volt tool.

I just went across the store and bought some off brand junk and took it to the counter. They did make me walk it outside first though. :laughing:

·
Registered
Carpenter
101 Posts
Ive always been interested in the milwaukee set. In my area seems like all the electricians and plumbers have them, but hardly ever a carpenter. Not sure why
Are they any good?

·
diplomat
5,292 Posts
The sawzall cuts out a little sooner than DeWalts. The Circ saw is better (but there's an even better newer Milwaukee one, best in the biz probably, out this month).

I think that's the 2602 hammerdrill. Decent balance of everything but not as good as DeWalts premium drills, which are a little below Milwaukee's Fuel drill, which is probably a little below DeWalts new brushless drill!

Complicated.

They can all make money. The warranty and service is good. If the price is right get it.

Plumbers and electricians steer that way because Milwaukee has a lot of specialized tools for those trades. Their 18V system has a LOT of tools.

·
Registered
597 Posts
So it's on any combo, not just the four piece? I've got an old Bosch combo that's about worn out, that new setup sure looks sweet!
Yeah I guess tho your trade I'm has to be name brand. ... no Ryobi.
The circular saw cuts like a real saw. The impact I wish was variable speed but it has a lot of power.

·
GC/carpenter
44,137 Posts
VinylHanger said:
Go to Harbor Freight, but the cheapest piece 'o chit they have and trade that in. Just check on what size battery you need to trade in. When I did my Dewalt 20v trade in, it had to be at least a 12 volt tool. I just went across the store and bought some off brand junk and took it to the counter. They did make me walk it outside first though. :laughing:
I did that to get my Milwaukee impact fuel, except I went to Big Lots. Not sure if you guys have them back there. But you can get a cordless drill for 10 bucks. I didn't even take it out of the box I just turned it in like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts