Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

221 - 230 of 230 Posts

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
PrestigeR&D said:
We had a miracle happen here in a Buffalo today. We saw that big yellow hot thing ......:clap:....almost forgot what it was like.....:blink: 23° and it felt like an improvement over the past couple of weeks........:blink:..I actually saw that white fluffy stuff start to melt.....and then I saw what appeared to be concrete ...am I dreaming.....:blink: B,
Ass, we got snow all morning, it wasn't that cold, but it was cold

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Even we, heavens waiting room, know 71 is not cold. Might move to Guam if we see 30 again this year or just go work for Mike.
I grew up in Idaho with wood heat. I had ice from my breath frosted to the insides of my bedroom window for months during the winter. When the navy sent me here and I figured out I could spend 12 months a year fishing and hiking without getting cold I was sold. I miss the snow but not the cold.
I don't even run coolant thru the heater core on my truck. It's bypassed.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
Ya, you know you've been in a cold snap when lower 20s is a warm spell. :laughing:
And your running around outside in a sweatshirt and it seems fine
-2 here now, they keep saying it is going to be above freezing in a few days but a few days never comes.

Ice dams are right around the corner.

·
Administrator
44,112 Posts
It says - 8 right now. It sure feels colder than that. Can't be outside for 10 seconds. I'm all for moving :laughing:

Or at least a 6 month vacation to...say...Guam.
Bad place to go Kent, didn't you hear? They just recorded one of their lower temps recently, how would you survive knowing that :jester:

·
Administrator
44,112 Posts
And your running around outside in a sweatshirt and it seems fine
-2 here now, they keep saying it is going to be above freezing in a few days but a few days never comes.

Ice dams are right around the corner.
It'll come tomorrow, don't you worry.

Only problem with tomorrow is as soon as it turns midnight it's today again and tomorrow is 1 day off....:whistling:blink::laughing:

221 - 230 of 230 Posts