Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey my name is Yaz. I took my family contracting buisness over just about a year ago. I am from Long Island, New York. Comp bill for $12,000 is coming up in four weeks, no problem. Trying to keep my eight guys going...AND PAY THEM? To many projects not enough cashflow. Welcome to the biz kid. Just think in 16 years I can hand all of this over to my sons.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well big headaches should mean big income. Truthfully I am here for the challenge and to answer sloely to myself. I made roughly 75% of my slary a year ago. But the lack of middle and upper management and the owner over my head is priceless. I still do biz with my ex-boss. He is a cleint now. And I want to punch him in his smarmy face. But when it gets bad and remember I owe him nothing anymore than you do now. And I can walk away. That thought has saved a couple of bad situations from getting horribly worse.

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Sounds like you got a good thing goin' there, Yaz, - - Good Luck!!

And lay off that 'smarmy' dude, - - it ain't worth it. :Thumbs:

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
The Yaz Man said:
Well big headaches should mean big income. Truthfully I am here for the challenge and to answer sloely to myself. I made roughly 75% of my slary a year ago. But the lack of middle and upper management and the owner over my head is priceless. I still do biz with my ex-boss. He is a cleint now. And I want to punch him in his smarmy face. But when it gets bad and remember I owe him nothing anymore than you do now. And I can walk away. That thought has saved a couple of bad situations from getting horribly worse.
lol

Congradulations and best of luck!
Welcome to the boards.

-Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts