1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
That was my question ?

Some places are so thin they don't even have inspections on some things.

Or its $1000 bucks cheaper with the horiz ?

Stairs too ?

·
Finish Carpenter
4,999 Posts
For a deck that surrounds a pool, I like the way the open railings look, but I do agree with "how was it approved?". I see the need for the 4" spacing rule, but...like I said, I think here, that would make the railings look too bulky...again, I still see the need for 4".... so basically...I like the looks, but I would have built it to "code".

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
He is in OK.
According to Jon Mon
it's pretty much wild west
out there......

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
5,574 Posts
What's the daggum poll about?

I see stuff like that all the time when out in the country where there are no inspections. It's basically do whatever the HO wants.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok im back
this was built in a small country no rule having community
we wanted to do more but funding ( on their part ) ran out. I told them they should have a gate biggest reason- energetic dog. As far as the railing, i told them the safest would be adding verts
but that horizontals could be added as well. We put the fastest thing that would match their budget and at least look right for now. They wanted SIZE

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
and sorry about the poll, i shouldve just asked. I was curious as to what pecentage of decks are actually built this big . it seems most are happier with something about half this size

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think some small flowering bushes around part of the pool would make the whole project look a little better.

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
5,574 Posts
I think your customers insurance company is not going to like that one bit. Pools and pool safety is a major concern for them.
Framerman is right, insurance companies want pools inclosed so neighborhood kids cannot access it. Self closing gates are a must.

Far as size of most decks, that's what I would call midrange. Here in Texas people like things big, plus you can use a deck almost year 'round here so why not make the most of it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts