Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:thumbup: would love to have a 325. My 4 year old got one for his toy fleet for Christmas and told me I should sell my smaller one and get one. Haha if it were only as simple as he makes it out.

I am on the fence as to weather or not it will be too big, it pushes the weight and width on the tag.

·
Vagitarian
3,589 Posts
Depends on what you do. IMO, it is worth the extra money to get a 318.

·
Registered
58 Posts
315 all the way!!!!!! We have a 312 and regret not getting the 315. there is a big differene especially if you lift a lot of structures. If you have a larger machine it is a toss up. If this is going to be your bigger machine don't even think about it 315 all the way:thumbsup:

·
Registered
95 Posts
What is the minimum towing setup you would want to move either machine. I'm guessing tandum dump and 20-25 ton tag. Is it possible to move a 312 with a single axle dump and a 20 ton tag? Or is that pushing it a bit? Just curious I don't have either machine.:whistling

·
Contractor
7,672 Posts
Looks like you could handle either with a single and a 20 ton trailer.

From Cat's site:
Model ---------------- Operating Weight
» 311D -----------------27514 lb

» 312D/312D L---------- 28480 lb

» 314D CR/314D LC------30865 lb

» 315D L---------------- 38095 lb

» 319D L/319D LN--------43872 lb
Not that I would recommend that as an everyday mover. I would definitely go with a larger trailer if the single axle had the HP to pull it, I would not hesitate.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks, Good to know that someday down the road I could move a 120-160 class if I had to on ocassion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts