Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 'burban is still running strong. Bought it used with about 40k on it. She just turned 300k. Gas engine, never been worked on. Tranny, same. Rust, not bad, but the bumper is toast. I got the opposite of a lemon. Best vehicle I have ever owned.

Attachments

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,777 Posts
Break down and buy something new. You know, with 120,000 miles on it :laughing:

That's great Kent, as long as it gets you from A to B and doesn't leave you in between.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
That's great. Had a 97 with 307000. Sold it to a guy who is still driving it.

Miss that one but we had to get something bigger.

·
Registered
Carpenter
101 Posts
Ive seen a lot of guys on here with burbans? Do u put anything im the back of that or just haul the trailer around. What if u need 2 2x4's? Chuck them in the back?

The reason I ask is one time my truck was in the shop, at the time I only had the one, so I took my wifes expedition for a couple days. Boy wasnt that a nice vehicle to work out of. I loaded it right up with tool and went to work. Even chucked a couple ladders up on the factory roof racks.
It worked great but she did make me do quite the detail before giving it back to her

·
Registered
Carpenter
101 Posts
Any pics of it loaded up? Id love to see some

I am getting ready to start a new work truck project. Just got me thinking how cool would it be to do a vintage suburban?

Bulk of my tools will be on site in trailer for the crew, but I like to have a set of my stuff with me for small jobs that I tackle myself

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
My 'burban is still running strong. Bought it used with about 40k on it. She just turned 300k. Gas engine, never been worked on. Tranny, same. Rust, not bad, but the bumper is toast. I got the opposite of a lemon. Best vehicle I have ever owned.
What year? I was driving a 94' for a while. My first vehicle was a 73' Suburban with 3 on the tree, 450 4 barrel. Gold with white top. Loved that thing. Took it out to one of the streets in Philly where they drag raced, and got paired up with a lunch truck....blew his doors off!

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
2002 3/4 ton suburban with the 8.1l v8. 171,000 miles on it. I want something new but I can't find anything I like for a price I like. I've thrown quite a bit inside, some on top, and I've got a few trailers as well. If I didn't take my kids to school everyday and pick them up I'd leave the backseat all the way down all the time and then it would be an 8' enclosed bed all the time. Here's the inside loaded up with some tools and then one of the outside she looks real good.

ForumRunner_20131126_050521.jpg

ForumRunner_20131126_051020.jpg

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's nearly the identical truck I have. Mine is a half ton z71 though. 8 seater, if I use the seats of course. Same year, 2002. I put a lot of miles on her in the 2 years I was working for the counter top company. 1000 miles a week easy.

·
Super Moderator
11,328 Posts
That's awesome Kent. :clap: I'm a Chevy man myself. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts