Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no:

It rained (drizzled) most of the damn day and then as soon as we got this little pad in it POURED. :rolleyes:

I had gotten annoyed with the rainy weather and bought a little garden pop up canopy thing. It worked OK but needed some extra plastic to keep it from dripping on the inside.

I had to keep sponging off the coping......it pitches nicely away from the pool. :laughing:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
One afternoon last week a bad storm moved in on us, thunder, lighting, and a bunch of rain! Out of no where, and we were running around like chickens, trying to get everything in the truck. And the GC was in his truck hollering " ......but it ain't showing anything on the radar! " :censored: :laughing:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"Pull up all the loose stones" he said :whistling

It was all of them all the way around except 4. :laughing:

The spider was so big that instead of running it charged my brush. :eek:

I like the pop up thing. It worked well. I was thinking of getting shower curtain liners (the clear plastic ones) to pop on and off the sides since I can use the plastic curtain hangers. I am keeping my eye on the 20'x30' version. :thumbsup:

We figured we'd hear a t-storm coming so it would be OK. Plus they were supposed to be 'scattered'. Nope. Just rain - all day.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
I very seldom even tune into the "weather guessers" like Bob Dylan said "you don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows"

Seriously,A guy wrote into the local paper with the huge % of error with the TV weather man this winter.:laughing:

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
I've moved 5 times in my life, and every single time the chance of precipitation was less than 10 percent. Every single time I've ever moved it was in a downpour. Gee....I guess they were wrong.

I feel bad for those of you in weather dependent jobs since "they" never seem to get the forecast quite right. (Except for temperature)

Amelia it was obviously too late to call the job off too. That sucks.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Chipmunks are big time tick hosts here so I don't appreciate seeing them.

Our son has been filling in for me since school is out and I'm home with his little sister. Last week was week 1 and he was SHOT by the end of it. He went out and bought some work boots and so far for week 2 he is surviving. Last night he had wrestling practice after work and tonight was MMA. I think he is hoping for big rain tomorrow.:laughing:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts