Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
User
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Let me give you 3 compelling reasons you should NOT create more pages for your website:

1. You don't want to rank well organically on Google, Bing, and Yahoo. If you don't want your web site to appear for keyword searches related to your business, DO NOT create pages on your web site targeting those keywords. In fact, if avoiding the search engines is your goal, the fewer pages you have on your web site, the better.
  2. You don't want more web traffic, leads, and sales. Let's face it, web traffic, leads, and sales are like money. More money, more problems. Having a lot of pages on your web site will allow prospective customers to find you. No matter how terrible your web site is, some of them will call or email you. Having to "deal" with constant sales inquiries is a great way to get a headache.
  3. You like seeing more and more of your competitor's trucks in the neighborhoods you target. Few feelings are as satisfying as seeing others succeed! If you're like most contractors and you get a special thrill out of seeing increasing numbers of your competitor's trucks in the neighborhoods you service, you SHOULD NOT create additional web pages. Creating more web pages means that you will start to outrank your competitor. If you outrank your competitor, you'll start getting leads that would have gone to them.

Google ranks web pages NOT web sites. Let me repeat that - Google ranks web pages NOT web sites. Every page you add to your web site creates a new opportunity for Google, Bing, and Yahoo to find you. If you're gearing up for a relaxing summer, creating more web pages can put a serious crimp on your plans! So, remember - if you're trying to stay anonymous, stop that office phone from ringing off the hook, and help your competitors grow their business, DON'T write and publish more pages on your web site.

Enjoy the weather and I'll see you at the beach!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts