Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Old Master
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There was a post on here titled 3 or 4 inch. It is now 4 pages long and has evolved into a discussion on Lead Bends in older work.

As a older plumber, in my years I have changed many a lead bend. But only one like this. You can see a photo on my web site www.parrsplumbing.com. There is a page on there titled "More from the Desk of Bill Parr". Clicking on that link will take you to a blog "Plumbing Antiques" The story behind this lead bend is ... you screwed the toilet bowl to the lead bend. That's right a 4" brass thread soldered into the bend. The toilet bowl was made with the male thread as part of the bowl. All you did was grease it up and screw it in. Take a look, please post if you have seen this or know more about it.

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
There was a post on here titled 3 or 4 inch. It is now 4 pages long and has evolved into a discussion on Lead Bends in older work.

As a older plumber, in my years I have changed many a lead bend. But only one like this. You can see a photo on my web site www.parrsplumbing.com. There is a page on there titled "More from the Desk of Bill Parr". Clicking on that link will take you to a blog "Plumbing Antiques" The story behind this lead bend is ... you screwed the toilet bowl to the lead bend. That's right a 4" brass thread soldered into the bend. The toilet bowl was made with the male thread as part of the bowl. All you did was grease it up and screw it in. Take a look, please post if you have seen this or know more about it.
I have seen the old toilets, never
the closet bend.
Always wondered about threads on
a toilet bowl.

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
I'm not a plumber {...just the OP of the other derailed thread] and I found your "desk" quite interesting!

My favorite part:

Bill Parr said:
"If I had a penny and you had a penny and we exchanged penny's then we would still each have a penny.
But if you had an idea and I had an idea and we exchanged ideas then we would each have two ideas".

Thank you :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts