Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Design Build
8,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I worked with a guy today who has one of these from his berry farming days. He told me that they are no longer being made since they can't get an OSHA certification anymore.

It's cool to climb on a museum piece.

Attachments

·
Design Build
8,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
10-4 Framerman - it is sweet for framing.

·
Head Grunt
3,270 Posts
They make some similiar ones that are in fiberglass. I know little giant makes one.
X2, just saw one at my Electric Supplier for sale. Dont know if i would like it or not. Every now and again i throw my leg over the top and place my foot on the rear brace and straddle the top for better stability for when the ladder is too short or i want a better angle on what i am doing. It must be safe because i am not using the top for a step :whistling.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I have several 3 legged ladders, tallest is 12' high. Also have several 4 legged ladders.

The main advantage to these ladders is they work well on uneven ground, whereas a 4 legged ladder is not very stable unless it is on a flat surface. The other advantages already mentioned like getting into a corner, etc. The disadvantages are they are wide in taller heights, don't stack very well on the truck, etc.

Now the older wood 4 legged ladders may not be OSHA approved, not sure. And I heard that Red Top ladder, one of my favorite wood 3 legged ladders can not get insurance anymore which may have something wiht being approved.

But Werner 3 legged ladders are OSHA approved, see link below.

http://www.wernerladder.com/news/article.php?NewsID=4

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
I often see landscapers around here using 12 fters to trim tall hedges, the single leg fits in the base of the shrub without getting tangled in the branches, G

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I have had a 6' Green Bull for years. If you don't have one consider adding one the next time you are looking at a 6'. They do Alot of things no other does. Framers can put the single leg through a stud wall and be right at the top plate. The foot print is actually "T" shaped. They are VERY STABLE......I don't use it much anymore because tile keeps me down.

Craig

1 - 20 of 26 Posts