Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, this is my 1st post but have learned a lot from reading, here is what i think may be my problem i need a little help with; here's my introduction;

I'am having an inground pool installed, measuring 16x36 feet, we live a cold climate area (NS) so we want more 3-4 months of enjoyable swim time, no pool permit was required where i live, so that part was easy, pool is installed minus the liner and water for safety reason, and not for legal ones, i have calculated my concrete deck size and poured the footer, and foundation. Next is my framing, 12' 2x4's will be used to make up the walls, and with the windows being 36"x48" an being 3' off the ground that leaves a 5' space above the window to celing, I'll be using 12" headers which leaves a space of 4' for the cripples; this is my question 1st can i have cripples above the window and 2nd at what distance should they spaced.

1. my inground pool is complete it's 16'x36' (no liner or water till framing is complete)
2. my footers have been poured, local BI gives thumbs up
3. my foundation (frost wall)is poured again local BI gives thumbs up
4. for my framing i was going to go with 12' 2x4's(or always have a wet celing), my 1st concern is the headers for door, what is a good distance to space for the cripples on the windows and door, seeing as the windows are only 48" inches.

thats it for now, and btw i am going with drop celing tiles not dry wall or cedar, due to the fact i can't get under the center of the room.

I will keep progress going and post some pics as it unfolds.

Thanks in advance

·
Official CT Greeter!
1,397 Posts
well if you have learned a lot from reading you would have more than likely read that it is good form to post an introduction first, then your question...:thumbsup:

Welcome anyway!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Based on your question I'd say you'd be better off hiring a contractor than tackle that large of a project yourself.. just saying :001_unsure:

FWIW I have done a pretty big building over a pool and we build a floor over the pool during construction

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
What is a "jr. apprentice carpenter"...I did not know apprentices came in different sizes....:laughing:
Is that what you are the very first day on the job?

"Well I'm a jr. apprentice now.But the boss says as soon as I figure out how to use the hammer loop on my tool belt I will get a promotion.":laughing:;)

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
I predict moldy ceiling tiles
in your future, Jr. Apprentice.

·
4,617 Posts
Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractor's to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.