Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part of the scope in the project I'm on was to move the washer and dryer out to the back porch I closed in. The 110 was easy since the wiring was exposed and accessible in the ceiling and the home owner said there was 220 running to the pump house 4 feet away from the porch. I went to hook it up today and the pump doesn't have a ground wire on it. two hot wires with 110 but no ground going back to the house. If I hook this up to the dryer. (the pump will be unhooked) can I connect a ground rod to the ground wire and still make the circuit? I was kind of at a loss when I saw only two wires coming from the house.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got 10-2 to run it Mike. I was just at a loss at what to do when the wiring to the pump was just 2 wires. I'm 86ing the pump house junction. I'll just run it back to the circuit that the dryer was on. That's what happens when you try to take a short cut. Makes me wonder how the pump ever worked.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I got 10-2 to run it Mike. I was just at a loss at what to do when the wiring to the pump was just 2 wires. I'm 86ing the pump house junction. I'll just run it back to the circuit that the dryer was on. That's what happens when you try to take a short cut. Makes me wonder how the pump ever worked.
It'll work.... just not code

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
It'll work.... just not code
How is using 10-2 w/g to power a 240v pump a Code violation?
No Ground as I read it........ and SC wondered how it would work;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.