Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 250 Posts

·
Focusing on solutions.
5,364 Posts
I ask because I can't keep up with the lexicon, but is "casual racist" a new woke thing?

I just recently picked up on Karen being like a derogatory name from one of Rogan's podcasts. I kept hearing "Karen" and wondering wtf did it mean. Apparently it's just a bitchy entitled white woman.

I could imagine casual racism has some new meaning.
Karen equates to mask nazi.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
17,710 Posts
I ask because I can't keep up with the lexicon, but is "casual racist" a new woke thing?
Just another hypocritical attempt by the left, in this case Easy, to put a negative label on anything and everything they find wrong with society.

Do liberals even own mirrors?

·
Punching above his weight
8,841 Posts
Oh come on, you never went to an Eagles game?

Casual racism is cheering for your team, while simultaneously calling the guy you're rooting for the n word.
We're not going to a Klan rally, we're just going to a game. You know, casual.

Can't believe you've never heard that before. That term goes back way before my time.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
17,710 Posts
Oh come on, you never went to an Eagles game?
Never been to any "pro" football game...ever.

Can't believe you've never heard that before. That term goes back way before my time.
Sure I've heard it. Just haven't heard someone calling an entire stadium of people...racists.

·
Super Moderator
25,772 Posts
I literally know no people under the age of 50 who use the term ****** outside of chit ass east texas. You guys must have a bunch of racists up there.

I think the racist thing is being overdone so big it's unreal. I have started to snap and become annoyed with people for being overly sensitive about it. It is natural for people to have a natural prejudice. It does not mean hate or even distrust. It just means they recognize a difference.

We were talking this weekend at dove camp about racism and even brought up the locker Room, probably a 3rd of the locker Room as Hispanic. We made comments that were "racial" In context but not racist. Stuff like joking with each other in the presence of only ourselves. Was it racist for my black friend who was the tail back To make mention of the fact that it was obvious he was much faster than any of the white guys? Was it racist for my Mexican friends to say stuff like they would need a sundial to clock my big white ass in a 40?

The guy that was in the marines said if they had sound bites his platoon from 2003 they'd of all be excited by the new woke crowd and they weren't being hateful at all

For Example all of a sudden it is taboo to use the term Mexican when describing somebody. Wtf? Saying go get the Mexicans to clear that lot or tell that Mexican to go clean out my truck is racist. I would say casually racist. Describing somebody and saying that they are Mexican is not racist. It's not racist anymore than it would be racist to say that I'm a big white guy when describing me.

I'm sick this Bs

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Punching above his weight
8,841 Posts
I literally know no people under the age of 50 who use the term ****** outside of chit ass east texas. You guys must have a bunch of racists up there.

I think the racist thing is being overdone so big it's unreal. I have started to snap and become annoyed with people for being overly sensitive about it. It is natural for people to have a natural prejudice. It does not mean hate or even distrust. It just means they recognize a difference.

We were talking this weekend at dove camp about racism and even brought up the locker Room, probably a 3rd of the locker Room as Hispanic. We made comments that were "racial" In context but not racist. Stuff like joking with each other in the presence of only ourselves. Was it racist for my black friend who was the tail back To make mention of the fact that it was obvious he was much faster than any of the white guys? Was it racist for my Mexican friends to say stuff like they would need a sundial to clock my big white ass in a 40?

The guy that was in the marines said if they had sound bites his platoon from 2003 they'd of all be excited by the new woke crowd and they weren't being hateful at all

For Example all of a sudden it is taboo to use the term Mexican when describing somebody. Wtf? Saying go get the Mexicans to clear that lot or tell that Mexican to go clean out my truck is racist. I would say casually racist. Describing somebody and saying that they are Mexican is not racist. It's not racist anymore than it would be racist to say that I'm a big white guy when describing me.

I'm sick this Bs

The line has always seemed pretty clear to me, and my friends and I all seem to know and enjoy when we cross it together. Joking is joking, but I've seen people joke their way into points of view that I think are ignorant and damaging.

Personally I think it's important to be mindful of it.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
17,710 Posts
Personally, I don't think it makes one bit of difference in the scheme of things.
If every single person in every single corner of the world never muttered another racist or casually racist name, term or inference. If white bread was re-named, every statue torn down of every person who ever spoke a racist word...going back 300 years....

You'd find something else to complain about that's just not socially acceptable.

Reactions: Calidecks

·
Radical Basement Dweller
17,710 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,772 Posts
The line has always seemed pretty clear to me, and my friends and I all seem to know and enjoy when we cross it together. Joking is joking, but I've seen people joke their way into points of view that I think are ignorant and damaging.

So you think there is a bunch of racism in 2020 going on and its causing an entire race to fall behind and be unfairly held down?

·
Radical Basement Dweller
17,710 Posts
So you think there is a bunch of racism in 2020 going on and its causing an entire race to fall behind and be unfairly held down?

It's everyone's fault ....except theirs.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
17,710 Posts
What's your point?

·
Registered
12,560 Posts
Remember when Ruby Bridges went to school with armed guards?

You probably do, because she's your age.
And it's not necessary anymore, but those living in the past as opposed to learning from it condemn the young to a continuing cycle of failure creating more and more victims of the very thing that was fought against across the board...

The more a wound is picked at, the worse the scar...

101 - 120 of 250 Posts