Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

241 - 260 of 275 Posts

·
Radical Basement Dweller
18,673 Posts
Yeah, meh. Never watched cartoons as an adult. Don't intend on watching it now.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
18,673 Posts
I'm talking about the 'inside the beltway' political chit show, not the football team.

(I forgot this was an NFL thread.)
You're the one with all the inside info.

Just because you quit PR, doesn't mean you aren't paying close attention.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
18,673 Posts
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Artist and not a curator
10,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
Yo Easy, how bout them Bucs?

Playoffs are going to be insane this year if Bucs, Seahawks, Packers, and Saints keep it up. Homefield advantage is gonna be a big deal this year. Bucs really need to be playing at home for ALL of the playoffs.

Antonio Brown is eligible this week and Godwin should be healed up. Brady hasnt played with a defense this good since playing with Mike Vrabel, Teddy Bruschi, and Willie McGinnis. To put it in perspective, the Jets were good then and Brady had a 9-0 record in the playoffs.

Still have to get by the Rams, Saints and Chiefs in the regular season and I think the Vikings are putting it together for a strong push.

·
Punching above his weight
9,191 Posts
I still can't figure out if the Vikings are really good but lost a couple squeakers on flukes giving them their current mediocre record, or if Green Bay is secretly also trash and the Vikings shouldn't be excited about the win.
Bucs held on for a win, but the Giants blew 3 HUGE chances to put them under in that game. There were 3 WIDE open TD's that they left on the table. That ended up being a great game. Glad I put it on. Figured TB was going to destroy them and almost didn't watch.

·
Artist and not a curator
10,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
I still can't figure out if the Vikings are really good but lost a couple squeakers on flukes giving them their current mediocre record, or if Green Bay is secretly also trash and the Vikings shouldn't be excited about the win.
Bucs held on for a win, but the Giants blew 3 HUGE chances to put them under in that game. There were 3 WIDE open TD's that they left on the table. That ended up being a great game. Glad I put it on. Figured TB was going to destroy them and almost didn't watch.
I thought the same and ended up falling asleep early and missed it. Then I woke up at 3:30 and it was being replayed. Success.

For whatever reason Bucs always have a tough time with the Giants as does Brady. No idea why. Hard to believe they didnt blow them out considering what they did to Radiers and Packers. Chicago looks like its falling apart too and for some reason Bucs couldnt score against them either.

It'll be interesting to see if AB coming into the locker room is a completely a dumb idea or genius. Scotty Miller, Gronk, Godwin, Evans, and now AB is going to want the ball a lot being as his entire contract is incentive based. Going to be interesting to see how well they come together in the second half of the season.

·
Registered
188 Posts
now AB is going to want the ball a lot being as his entire contract is incentive based.
Thats a dumb way to write a contract. If he doesn’t make the threshold levels he is going to claim it wasn’t his fault ... the coach didn’t put him in the game, ir the QB didn’t throw to him ... anything but accept the blame.

·
Artist and not a curator
10,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
Normally Id agree, but Jason Licht has a pretty good track record on picking up guys with attitude problems and structuring a contract to make them successful. This is probably AB's last chance in the NFL and he needs to prove he has changed his behavior. Im sure they have him on a short leash and if he starts to be a problem in the locker room he'll get cut.

Or

Exactly what you said happens and he becomes a cancer and the entire team suffers.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
As a Giants fan, that was agonizing to watch. Last 3 losses by a total of 6 points, and they could've easily been won. Jones learned a little too much from Eli

-Rich

·
9,191 Posts
Jones is young, makes a ton of terrible decisions, and is missing a #1 draft pick. I'm willing to cut him some slack.

On to much more important issues with the Giants though.... Why do they ever NOT use the late 80's/early 90's LT era uniforms!? They're SO much better looking. They look like winners.
If Jason Garrett can convince Jones that it's ok to take a sack instead of a pick 6 sometimes, I think the G-Men will finish respectably and set themselves up well for next year. Hell, they only need like 2 more wins to bring home the NFC East crown. They'll be the first 4-12 team to host a playoff game.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Totally agree on the uniforms, those look so much better.

It was funny listening to the commentators when he finally threw one away instead of trying to force a play.

They have been coming out strong in the first half, just can't keep it going in the second

-Rich

·
9,191 Posts
That was the best/funniest part of that whole game. They were trying to will him to do it for 3.5 quarters and through those two idiotic interceptions.

That missed TD up the left sideline to Slayton was brutal though. He was high school style wide open.

241 - 260 of 275 Posts