Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
General Contractor
3,444 Posts
I read this when you first posted it. I have to tell you that I said “OK?” to myself.

All I saw was a database of names and numbers. Although I thought it was neat that some kids were still interested and involved in hands-on technical endeavors, there was nothing to this post to draw me in.

Today, I read your comments on the “turn in a hack” thread. I thought maybe I had missed something important here. I came to look again. I guess I’m still missing it.

Was there, perhaps, a news story associated with this competition that could help us understand a bit more about it? Something that might bring this, graphically, into our world? Even THIS inspires me to look deeper......... though it is still not too much of a deep, personal involvement avenue.

I agree that working with the next generation is a worthy and worthwhile mission. But I’m having a hard time making this submission relevant in my own life.

·
General Contractor
3,444 Posts
I work with "at risk" kids. It's a psychologically based behavior modification program. And we have some success. But when I've tried to approach local contractors about apprentice type construction programs, the interest level could be well... somewhat more inspiring. Frankly, most contractors around here just don't seem to give a damn.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.