Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Design Build
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never have time to drop my truck off for stuff like this...any of you wrench heads know if this is a big deal. I mean besides not having an airbag...or maybe premature detonation. I have been ignoring it for three days.

What say the experts?

·
Registered
618 Posts
are you sure someone did not bump into you when you were parked? I had a issue with my chevy silverado once, it was determined someone backed into me at Home Depot the sensor got f---- up. I wouldn't say a pre-mature det but I would say it might not deploy if you needed it.

·
Head Grunt
3,270 Posts
Most likely an intermitten connection problem with the wire harness at the buckle or a problem with the clock spring. No, it wont go off in your face nor will it go off in an accident. If you know someone with a really good scan tool they might be able to pull the codes out of the BCM so you have a starting point. Sometimes you can just clear the code and see if it returns. Do you have any debris under the seat or an object wedged by the buckle, any kids kicking their feet under the seat? Any kind of fluctuation of OHMs will set a light and leave a history code in the BCM even if there is no problem. Wouldnt hurt to have it looked at.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts