Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
***PLEASE NOTE VAN IS COMPLETELY EMPTY OF TOOLS***

For sale is my 2001, Ford E350, extended length, work van with, the much sought after, International 7.3L diesel engine. It has 195,433 miles on it and is in absolutely PRISTINE CONDITION!

Recent improvements, with in the last 1,500 miles, include:
1. New exterior and interior paint job.
2. Rearview back-up camera
3. New rubber cargo floor and sliding door step trim piece.
4. Prime Design, drop down, aluminum ladder rack with stainless steel hardware. Model VBR216. Over $800 on the internet. No rust stains running down the side of my van.
5. Optional Prime Design, aluminum, 3rd ladder rack cross bar. Over $200 on the internet.
6. Mirror tinted windows on the rear doors.
7. Rear door window security screens.
8. External rear and sliding door puck locks.
9. Mul-T Lock puck locks. (Super special key unlike Masterlock keys.)
10. Tool shelving to accommodate hand tools, power tools and Home Depot 12 gallon and 8 gallon totes. Shelves are dimensioned so that these totes will not slide around.

Other notable features include NEW TIRES with in the last 2,900 miles and passing the Maryland inspection in the last 1,500 miles.

I have a recent engine oil analysis stating the engine is in great shape and the oil does not contain any fuel, or coolant, or shows signs of abnormal wear. I’ll be more than happy to e-mail this to you.

Other repairs, with in the last 16,000 miles, include:
New fuel tank, fuel pump and fuel lines.
New shocks, upper and lower ball joints, tie rod ends, and radius arm bushings.
New heater hoses.

Presently there has been over $7,000 put in to this van, in the last 16,000 miles, in repairs and upgrades. I’ll be sorry to see it go.

Carfax available upon request.

Payment shall be in the form of a cashiers check, from a reputable local bank, that will be able to verify it’s authenticity before my signing over of the title.

Attachments

·
Finish Carpentry
396 Posts
Pics are clear but I don't see a price.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
MattM said:
I neglected to list the price. I'm asking $8,999.

Thanks
Great price in fantasy land....

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
That looks like a good price to me. Looks like you took good care of her and with all the extras in the back, I don't think you'll have a problem selling at that price.

You guys must not know about the 7.3s. It really is a sought after motor. We got 19 year old trucks for $20,000, being sold like hot cakes here in AZ just because of the 7.3.

So after seeing what I have seen.....$9k is a damn good price for that van. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
That is a good price on that van, Matt. Just retired same van with 340000 miles. Still runs like a top. Body shot. Bought another one from Indiana last June for 8000 with 120000 on it. Beautiful shape but had to do ball joints on it. Love those vans.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
CrpntrFrk said:
That looks like a good price to me. Looks like you took good care of her and with all the extras in the back, I don't think you'll have a problem selling at that price.

You guys must not know about the 7.3s. It really is a sought after motor. We got 19 year old trucks for $20,000, being sold like hot cakes here in AZ just because of the 7.3.

So after seeing what I have seen.....$9k is a damn good price for that van. :thumbsup:
Its the original tranny thats the issue i have two of them great trucks but the tranny is the weak link once you get over. 100k

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its the original tranny thats the issue i have two of them great trucks but the tranny is the weak link once you get over. 100k
Having been a very, very frequent visitor to "thedieselstop.com", since 2000, it appears that most tranny problems are caused by hot rod chips or excessive towing that over heats the transmission.

I presently have a 2000, F250, with the same engine and transmission, with 227,000 miles on it, and it has been problem free.

Furthermore the van does not have a tow hitch installed on it, so it should be free from problems imposed by those loads.

In summary, I think the transmission should be in excellent shape.

Matt

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Honestly, the transmission to any diesel is the weak link. Especially with all the torque they produce. I mean the new 6.7 Scorpion puts out 440HP with 860 ft/lbs torque. WOW!

·
Drywall Slave
9,427 Posts
Do the Craftsman chest come with It? That's a clean work van!!

·
Drywall Slave
9,427 Posts
Bet you could take care of that, eh Moore?
HEY!! I spent all day yesterday cleaning my Truck out !! Not just the big trash ! All of it! I can see the floorboards !!!! :laughing:

Spent $15 at the car Washa just to pre -wash It!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts