Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i questioned this at the prebid meeting. the engineer insisted it would work. trying to get our 4" inline check valves on the horizontal, ain't going to happen. hope swing checks work properly mounted vertically. had to move 4" isolation valves outside the lift station, they definitely wouldn't fit. anyway, all looks good on paper, huh? should have been at least a 6' diameter lift station vs. the 5'.

last pic is of one of our ebay purchases, old 1 ton ford with vinyl seats/floors. have our welder, compressor mounted on it. no more muddy feet, greasy hands in my truck if i need to send some of the help to pick up stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
530 Posts
Looks like fun, I like the old truck. I did the same thing last year, bought a 96' 1 ton for a salt truck for the winter and now I use it for a my guys to drive just because every time they get in my truck they don't take the gloves off or kick the mud off of the boots and I got tired of greese and mud in my truck. I don't care what they do with the old 96' chevy. I have to put a flat bed on next it just has a rusted box on it now.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i have a similar old ford. can't seem to kill it. it's getting a little more worse for wear look to it but still runs like a top. i also, let the helper use this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good looking truck, newer than ours. my wife had to borrow my pickup several yrs ago, wearing light colored slacks, was NOT happy when she got out and back of her slacks looked like a grease rag.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts