Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Carpe Diem
20,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Day #1

Rough plumbing inspected and passed. I used Mapei Topcem Premix to fill the areas that will be tiled so I didn't have to wait 28 days. Ran for faux rebar into the existing slab and brushed some admix to prep. the Topcem was dried in about 4 hours!

Awaiting the framers....

·
Banned
3,020 Posts
Show me more.

Angus do you do more bathroom or kitchen projects in Chicago? I can't remember the last time we did a kitchen??? Last one was in West Van I think but that was like 3 years ago.

What is this project? Steamer? Tub Shower? Shower only? Sauna?

Details man. Details.

·
Carpe Diem
20,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well no updated pics.....
I was rushing to get the hell out today so I forgot to take any.

The framers have come and gone and today I set the first part of the pan.
I primed the concrete, laid a slurry coat of Mapei Ultraflex 3 and then set my slope with Mapecem Premix. I used the Noble Drain Flashing Tool and the pan will be ready for the NobleSeal TS membrane tomorrow (although it probably won't get installed until later next week).

I'm doing 2 bathrooms in the same house. All hands on the other bath until I'm done with it (don't have pics of that one either :blush:)

·
Carpe Diem
20,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Details man. Details.
Yeah, what Ron said! :laughing:

Basement bath shower is custom with a MyShowerGrateShop tile top square drain. It will be a hybrid of waterproofing. The pan will be NobleSeal TS and the walls, most likely, will be Kerdi with some liquid thrown in for good measure. Don't get too excited. The tile is not what I'd call special. No niches. Only a small corner shelf combo between foot rest & shampoo holder :blink:

·
Chief Reporter of Spam
6,607 Posts
angus242 said:
Yeah, what Ron said! :laughing:

Basement bath shower is custom with a MyShowerGrateShop tile top square drain. It will be a hybrid of waterproofing. The pan will be NobleSeal TS and the walls, most likely, will be Kerdi with some liquid thrown in for good measure. Don't get too excited. The tile is not what I'd call special. No niches. Only a small corner shelf combo between foot rest & shampoo holder :blink:
Are you trying to hold a nuetral position by using Kerdi on the walls? :laughing:

·
Carpe Diem
20,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The other bath in the house I'm working on. Just new tile in tub surround and on floor.

Tub surround rerocked with Permabase & AquaDefense:

Floor double layer of ply and AquaDefense:

·
Carpe Diem
20,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And before any of you wiesenhiemers give me crap, I know the Kerdi-Curb is upside down. I do that on purpose so I can fill the voids. It's like cinder block :laughing:

·
Chief Reporter of Spam
6,607 Posts
angus242 said:
And before any of you wiesenhiemers give me crap, I know the Kerdi-Curb is upside down. I do that on purpose so I can fill the voids. It's like cinder block :laughing:
I saw that, but I'm mobile so it looked like actual cinderblock...

That's a good idea though:clap: I filled em before I set it inplace and they get heavy when ya do it that way

1 - 20 of 83 Posts