Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was helping a buddy out that said he knew alittle about painting..........like everybody says! :rolleyes: Needless to say but this job has gone to hell! Anyway.......

The home owner came in today and wasn't happy with the paint job the cabinet maker tried to put on his cabinets! I would be ashamed if I ever sold anybody cabinets in the condition he had painted his work! I mean NASTY! Runs on the front of the shelfs....the backs of them looked awhfull! He brushed everything and a 4 year old could have brushed the brush strokes out better then he did! Some of the wood wasn't sand or puttied up.....You could cut your finger on some of the splinters he painted over! WITH HOGH DOLLAR HIGH GLOSS WHITE!..................THE HOME OWNER WANTED US TO PAINT THE FLAT LATEX OVER THE CABINETS... :eek: ..THE SAME COLOR AS THE WALLS! He wanted to know what that would cost........lmao!

I told him a GRAND!..........so maybe he won't want us to do it. You would have to belt sand some of the crap he painted! Plus we had to explain to him that the flat latex wouldn't work! It astonishes me at what some home owners think.....or don't think sometimes! :D

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Was the home owner the one who messed up the cabinets?

Correct me if I misread. You hired a buddy to help you. Your buddy messed up your job. Your customer proposed a solution. Your customer is the dumb ass? Like I said correct me if I misread.

BTW welcome to the forum.

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess it made sense as I typed it lol...........

We had nothing to do with the horable paint job on the Cabinets. The Cabinet Maker did it....or someone working for him did..........and he is Buddies with my friend that I am helping paint the house.
And the Home Owner wanted us to RePaint the ********************ty job that the Cabinet Maker did.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Stick with your bid, unless the homeowner finds another dude to do it.

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I was the home owner I wouldn't accept the cabinets! And tell the maker to do a better a job or come get them.........they are that bad!

G

·
Florcraft said:
Stick with your bid, unless the homeowner finds another dude to do it.

I agree. This is not your problem, even if your buddy is friends with the other guy. He needs to make the cabinet guy fix it, but he may be looking awful hard at your work now.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts