Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Professional Remodeler
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Does anyone have a past experience or currently doing any work for this company-1st Choice Facilities Services-- they are headquartered in Florida? They send out subs to do construction work. Any word will help, trying to decide if I want to do work for them. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
1st Choice Facilities Services

I'm in the same position. They contacted me and wanted me to do a couple jobs. 1 was beyond what I do, and the other, well I figured out I needed to have a contract with them prior to doing work with them otherwise they wouldn't pay me (Their Words). After looking at the contract, I can live with the net 45 terms they mandate, and I can live with doubling my liability insurance, if this is the real deal. I saw one post on ripoffreport.com about them, but that could be just a hot head. I need to make a decision about them, fast. Any info is appreciated!

·
Allrounder Home Services
465 Posts
I have done a couple of jobs for them. It takes at least 30 days to get paid. The last time I did a job for them, it took over 3 months to get paid. The excuse: They hadn't been paid by their client yet. I told them that my agreement wasn't with their client, it was with them, and perhaps they'd like my lawyer to give them a call and discuss it further. I got a check the next week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Stay away from them. I worked for them for over a year, never a call back or complaint. Started out net 30, they changed it to net 45 and I'm now owed $3,000.00 and am at net 80 days. Messages left are not returned.
Yet another lesson learned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
handy man

P:censored:Please every one stay away from this guys called first choice facilities they are a real SCAMERS, they make you sign a contract wich at the begin of the job you start take money out of your pocket and when the job are all done THEY JUST DISAPPEAR.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm over 120 days out on $600.00. They're "over the line" with IRS rules governing employees vs sub-contractors. Sub-contractors cannot be paid hourly (they always ask what your hourly rate is) and they cannot tell you when to be at the job site which they always do. My next call will be to Darrel to inform him I'm turning it over to the IRS and let them chase them for SS payments for all their past and present "sub-contractors".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts