Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I'm a Mac
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where better to sell old booze then to contractors

Have 2 bottles of Crown Royal, 1959 and 1960, sealed with the tax stamp.

I'm in Toronto Ontario, it cannot be shipped...some bootlegging laws.

Make my mother an offer

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
Where better to sell old booze then to contractors

Have 2 bottles of Crown Royal, 1959 and 1960, sealed with the tax stamp.

I'm in Toronto Ontario, it cannot be shipped...some bootlegging laws.

Make my mother an offer
All of a sudden you get a conscience and want to be legal?...:whistling:laughing:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Chris Johnson said:
Where better to sell old booze then to contractors Have 2 bottles of Crown Royal, 1959 and 1960, sealed with the tax stamp. I'm in Toronto Ontario, it cannot be shipped...some bootlegging laws. Make my mother an offer
think it will taste better than new crown?

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Probably not, whisky does not age after it's bottled and crown isn't anything remarkable. These bottles are probably worth 50-100 bucks a piece, more for a neat mantle piece than a celebratory drink.

·
I'm a Mac
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Patsfanindallas said:
No idea, it's not wine, so not sure what age does to it. It's nostalgic that's for sure. It's been stored in a cool dark place for 50+ years

·
Registered
411 Posts
Inner10 said:
Probably not, whisky does not age after it's bottled and crown isn't anything remarkable. These bottles are probably worth 50-100 bucks a piece, more for a neat mantle piece than a celebratory drink.
thats what I was thinking. I knew it didn't age after bottling.

·
I'm a Mac
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Inner10 said:
So basically it's still a 10-35 year old blend in a 50 year old bottle.

If they don't sell we may just pour them on Pop's grave and tell him he was saving them for nothing.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
So basically it's still a 10-35 year old blend in a 50 year old bottle.

If they don't sell we may just pour them on Pop's grave and tell him he was saving them for nothing.
Yup exactly.

Pre-war scotch can be absolutely priceless since many believe the water quality changed after the war and whisky was never the same.

Certain vintages are of very high value because certain scotch makers will only reserve a small amount for long term ageing. For instance the supply of longer aged Macallan is going to run short as the company has been selling off their supply instead of keeping it to a mature age. If you want something collectible snap up a few bottles of their premium products now.

Also limited releases and one of a kind products like can really increase in value. I could see Snow Phoenix being worth a few bucks in 50 years.

Crown, however, is not going to line your pockets.

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
Interesting, I just started ripping out my kitchen and found what I thought was an empty 125th anniversary decanter bottle of Jack Daniels:no:

Did a quick Google and found out they are selling this in Australia for over $400 a bottle.

Now if I can only find a way to get it there:whistling

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Question:

So how does one get that in his hands in the Yankee state? Legally....

What are you asking...? If it can be done - legally- I am very interested...but what is the starting price .?
Thank you,

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Question:

So how does one get that in his hands in the Yankee state? Legally....

What are you asking...? If it can be done - legally- I am very interested...but what is the starting price .?
Thank you,
Drive to TO, or have him meet you in Kitchener or something.

·
Read Only
16,993 Posts
Best offer I can make, is to drive up there with a coupla clean glasses and help her drink it. If she doesn't drink - well, make take me an hour longer to dispose of them (CR is my favorite hard liquor - well used to be...).
:laughing:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts