Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I was in lowes last night picking up a few items. As I was talking to the hardware guy he mentioned that DeWalt gave a 2 year time from until they are completely in the max system. Does anyone know if this is true?

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
The only question I have is why on earth did you actually talk to someone working at Lowes. I usually feel less able to do something after getting advice from those folks. :laughing::jester:

·
Pro
2,859 Posts
VinylHanger said:
The only question I have is why on earth did you actually talk to someone working at Lowes. I usually feel less able to do something after getting advice from those folks. :laughing::jester:
Yay but there are some good views in them damm stores .

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Lowes, home Depot and Rona here actually have some good employees. Not everyone is the same but there are some guys, especially a few older lads who are retired which know there stuff. I was getting a few items priced matched and he brought up the topic of maybe the price they are selling it for was a discontinued priced and that's why it was so cheap

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
The Lowes, home Depot and Rona here actually have some good employees. Not everyone is the same but there are some guys, especially a few older lads who are retired which know there stuff. I was getting a few items priced matched and he brought up the topic of maybe the price they are selling it for was a discontinued priced and that's why it was so cheap
We've got some good ones at our Lowes too, you kinda learn who to ask and who not to...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I can tell you that Dewalt does not have a time frame for discontinuing the 18v line. It still makes up the majority of our cordless business. Maybe he meant that in 2 years time, Lowes will stop carrying the 18v line, but I doubt there is a set time line for them either. It all depends on product sales. Lowes isn't going to stop carrying something they are still selling a lot of. The other thing to note is, just because Lowes stops carrying something doesn't mean Dewalt will discontinue it. Also, Dewalt will continue making 18v batteries as long as people are buying them. If Dewalt stops making 18v eventually, I think they'll continue making the batteries to support existing customers for years after.

·
Pro
2,859 Posts
Gatorb888 said:
I can tell you that Dewalt does not have a time frame for discontinuing the 18v line. It still makes up the majority of our cordless business. Maybe he meant that in 2 years time, Lowes will stop carrying the 18v line, but I doubt there is a set time line for them either. It all depends on product sales. Lowes isn't going to stop carrying something they are still selling a lot of. The other thing to note is, just because Lowes stops carrying something doesn't mean Dewalt will discontinue it. Also, Dewalt will continue making 18v batteries as long as people are buying them. If Dewalt stops making 18v eventually, I think they'll continue making the batteries to support existing customers for years after.
It won't go away cause its price point for no other reason . They need to move on from 18v line cause its time for innovation and new style of thinking .

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
The DeWalt XR/XRP line was the top of the line in the mid to late 90's. They were great for their day, but have since be surpassed by better technology. You can't really move forward if you're stuck in the past. The new 20V stuff looks like the way of the future for them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts