Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Can I get an Amen?
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of bringing windows back into operational status.

Attachments

·
John the Builder
16,993 Posts
archaeologist !

·
Administrator
44,115 Posts
I like the look. I hate the work. Windows aren't exactly fun to work with. When I was working for someone they had an oscillating mortiser and a single ended tenoner. It was nice to do windows because those two machines made most of the work simple. Only thing that really sucked was the volume of parts.

Reworking windows is nice once a year but that's all I could take.

·
I like Green things
22,955 Posts
I like the look. I hate the work. Windows aren't exactly fun to work with. When I was working for someone they had an oscillating mortiser and a single ended tenoner. It was nice to do windows because those two machines made most of the work simple. Only thing that really sucked was the volume of parts.

Reworking windows is nice once a year but that's all I could take.
That's why big shops run DET's. Nothing pumps out parts like an old greenlee 545, or takes up the space either. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
44,115 Posts
Ya but a DET is set up for production. Maybe a new CNC DET could do multitudes of sizes in a run.

When we were building windows we did have pretty specific sized we liked to run to get the lites to have the magic ratio. But that was rare when you were refitting a house.

·
I like Green things
22,955 Posts
Ya but a DET is set up for production. Maybe a new CNC DET could do multitudes of sizes in a run.

When we were building windows we did have pretty specific sized we liked to run to get the lites to have the magic ratio. But that was rare when you were refitting a house.
Changing the length is the easy part on a DET.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Can I get an Amen?
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
More progress. Personally I'd rather build new windows.... but oh well.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts