Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2" brad nailer died awhile back, It was the hitachi, I think it was $ 89. a few years ago. Plastic magazine flew apart one day. I put it back together but it kept being a issue. Looking at the bosch ( about $ 110.)
or the Grex (about $ 200.) I have the grex 2" pinner, and it was pricey,
but so far so good, although in retrospect, 2" generally too long for pin nails: 1 3/8" model would have been fine . Anyone have the grex 18 ga. ? Lot of cheap guns out there these days. One thing I don't like is most
of the magazines are plastic, they got alot of slop in em.

Remember the old fram oil filter commercials ?
" you can pay me now....... or you can pay me later......"

·
Registered
477 Posts
I am in the market for one as well. I have been looking on and off for while. Everyone seems to be making them cheap now. I have it narrowed down to the grex green buddy, cadex, and omer. The green buddy has a belt clip i think which would be a plus. Max used to make one that was like 400 and looked sweet with a lock out trigger and everything, of course they discontinued it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had the grex a few years now. I'm extremely happy. If it died today I would go get another (even if it were more money).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tried several before buying the Bostitch, i like everything about it, especially the oil-less feature. It was the only gun that sank 2" nails deep & consistent W/ only 80lbs pressure. There's a whole list of things i like about it vs the others. Doesn't have quick release nose for clearing jams but i actually think the sturdier fit of non quick release keeps everything aligned better.? No jams after 5 or 6-k nails, all sizes, even after splitting knots or hitting other nails etc. Well balanced in hand too.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I've got a Bostich, Dewalt, and a porter cable that never come out of the boxes.
I love my Senco's.
Fusion 18. regular 18 a 15, and a small 23 ga stapler.
The stapler is over 20 yrs old, It's great for putting in drawer bottoms and the backs on cabinets. It has no safety, I shot myself between the eyes once.
Uttered some thankyou's for that one, while looking up
I also have Ryobi's which aren't that bad, also a couple of Samonas.
They were for when I had a larger crew.

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
ive owned paslode, bosch, and porter cable. the bosch has issues even when new.. the porter cables are toys. i wore out one paslode and bought another because its powerful and reliable. my next gun will be the green buddy

·
Ciaos mitigator
1,943 Posts
I have the grex green buddy and it's hands down the best nail gun I have used to date. I likes it so much I bought the 23ga pinner also. The smaller one though, the thought of 2" pins seemed ridiculous. I typically use 1" or shorter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts