Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Repair & Renovation
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today i was using my 18 ga 2" oiless bostitch gun and it abruptly stopped firing and instead just blew air from the trigger .

I never had a Problem with this gun.. Only 1 year under its belt.

I took it apart and everything looked fine. Still had grease in the cylinder.. I pushed the cylinder and firing pin down put it back together and it began to fire again. Once i set the gun down for a few minutes it stopped working again. I repeated this process 3 times and it quit working every time..

Whats the problem?

My only though is that the cylinder is getting jammed in the head valve?

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
I don't have a solution to your problem but I have an 11 year old Bostitch 18ga that just in the last couple months would not sink the odd nail here and there. Best gun I have owned. I like Bostitch and got the DA 15ga. I really like it but have not heard to many good things about Bostitch lately.

I have gotten a couple of the refurbished Hitachi 18 ga brad nailers and they are working pretty good. They can be had for under $50 IIRC so not a big deal if they crap out in a couple years.

Reactions: m1911

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
a co worker bought a bostich 16 gauge nailer back in the summer. . it wouldnt fire right out of the box as if it were jammed.. he asked me what might be wrong.. i opened it up to see if it had jammed up.. nope the drive pin was broken on a brand new gun..... he took it back for a full refund later that day

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine had the same problem on and off for about 6 months. I'd replace the o-rings on the trigger valve and it would work for a few days then stop again. I finally replaced it with a senco after losing to much time with it.

·
Repair & Renovation
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input guys.. I'm going to take it apart again soon on a bench and see what's up.. a rebuild kit is 30$ plus time and a new gun can be had for 90$... May just get a new one.. I really liked it

·
Repair & Renovation
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is refurbished a good idea ? Has anyone had luck? I know its a 1 year warranty when a new one is 7 years

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Is refurbished a good idea ? Has anyone had luck? I know its a 1 year warranty when a new one is 7 years
I've bought several refurbished PC tools from amazon, and most were like brand new. Last year I bought a bostitch 18g stapler refurbished from amazon, it was the worst tool purchase I've made. Didn't work out of the box and looked like hell.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts