Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a job coming up that will require 12 gauge metal studs. When ever we have used them in the past it was limited so we just used heavy duty self tappers, usually 1/4 head tek-5s. This job coming up is a lot of studs so i'm wondering if there is a better more efficient way to fasten them to the track. Like spot welding or tacking them with an arc welder or something? Has anyone tried anything different?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have still not received the finished plan just discussed it over the phone with the architect, and we decided that we will probably need at least on wall bracket in the middle of the stud. The wall is going up in front of existing block work on the interior of the building. Its old and out dated so we are basically furring out the wall and covering it in wonder board so that a new stone veneer can be put up. Thats why such heavy gauge and the need for a bracket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.