Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys give mea little help in figuring out and getting me on the right track to issuing 1099's to contractor(s)I sub work too?

For 2013 I have only subbed greater than 600$ to my roofing guy. I need to issue and send him and the IRS a 1099.

Is there anywhere online, or pick up on person, a single form? I see staples sells 25pk of ink jet forms. But then I would need compatible software to print them properly.

The also have a 12pk meant for dot matrix printers. From what I understand, these can be hand written out.? That looks a little hackish, but if that is a legit way it may be good enough for issuing one form.

Anyone have any input or suggestions to steer me in the right direction?

Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
6,792 Posts
I just go to the local IRS office to pick them up , think there is like 3 to a page, FREE. Or you can just have your accountant do it for you too.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
PM me your social security number and full name and address and I'll send you a 1099.

·
Registered
480 Posts
My accountant just issues them
If you have your taxes done professionally you just give them the amount and the roofers name and ss # or TIN# ADRESS ect....

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
ME: Hey im sending you over the 1099 info

Accountant: Ok, thanks

And we all lived happily ever after.

The End

·
Registered
593 Posts
You need 1099 misc. form and also a 1096 form to go with it. Just call the irs forms and publication number 1-800-829-3676 and tell them how many you need and they will send them to you. Get more than you need Incase you make a mistake filling one out.
Nicko

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JBM said:
ME: Hey im sending you over the 1099 info Accountant: Ok, thanks And we all lived happily ever after. The End
I'm still a small enough business that I don't use an accountant for anything other than tax preparation. I just bring everything to her office and we knock it out in an hour or so. But that's not usually until March/April; but I need to get the 1099 out this month. Figured if its easy enough, I would take care of it myself now. Working as a sub, I've received 1099's that were obviously done and sent by the contractor and not a professional accountant.

Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts