Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
You can get a brand new Grizzly for half of that, and it is a clone of that saw. I have one, no problems. Yeah, buy American when possible. But my budget at the time didn't have Rockwell on it.

·
Registered
732 Posts
That's a 4-500 dollar saw around here. Its a good saw, but he's asking too much. Was probably 1100 new with the accufence.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It has 50" fence which I like. We live in a lot more rural community than most of you guys. I am gonna see if he will come down some on it.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Actually it has the cast extension wings and the 50 inch, so its worth a bit more. If the condition was good I could justify $600. Do you need it to be portable. Contractor saws are in this awkward category where they aren't robust enough to be a cabinet saw, but are generally too heavy to be portable, but they do roll around on a mobile base easily. For around $900 you can get a new Grizzly Hybrid Saw:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/10-Hybrid-Table-Saw-with-Riving-Knife-Polar-Bear-Series-/G0715P

True 2HP and much more stable, so that's why I would have an issue with $800 for this saw. While the 50 inch seems nice, its rarely used, I recently cut my 50 down to 32 on my PM66, the shop space was more valuable now that I have a tracksaw for cross cuts.

·
Artist and not a curator
12,907 Posts
Really? I'll take 2 :thumbsup:

You guys really are a bunch of low-ballers.

$500-$600 would be a good buy. Anything under $500 would be very good.
Can't go wrong with an older PM. I love them saws, they're beasts with some decent dust collection. Its a good saw, our local tool guy would sell that saw for around 6-700 bucks.

$600 you should walk in the shop with a smile on the face. Under that and you saved enough money to get yourself some cold ones.

·
Home Repairs
291 Posts
Aaron, That 64A is a damn good saw. It is one of the best contractor saws ever produced. Full cast iron wings, wider rails, mobile base and a rock solid rip dence. There are already $250.00 worth of accessories built into the saw. If the motor still runs good and the arbor run-out is within specs, I would jump on it. I don't care what anyone says..... you aint gonna find a brand new Grizzly at 1/2 that price. The bottom line Grizzly G0732 goes for $650.00 before shipping with short rails, cheap rip fence, no mobile base, and sheetmetal wings. You wont find any brand new saw for 8 bills with the same quality as this one. I would haggle with the guy anyways because thats what guys do. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts