Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellas,

Were looking to add another truck into the fleet and was wondering what your guys takes were on other manufacturers. We have always been Ford since I can remember, but these 6.0 have been bending us over the barrel. We have two of em in the fleet. '05 and '06. So We're leaning towards the Dodge 4500 or 5500 since we have several smaller pieces of equipment we transport from job to job, but would like to hear from other dodge owners. Also not ruling our GMC or Chevy so would also love input from them too.

Thanks
Jack :thumbup:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hey hey I'm very happy with my 05 5.9l cummins and like to let people know every chance I get... Have spent some time behind the wheel of a newer 6.7 too and it was very nice as well. Just much harder on fuel and too much emissions BS

·
I'm The BOSS
1,904 Posts
MY truck 06 gmc 1 ton reg cab 8ft bed
duramax 6.6l love this truck , no problems 80 k miles.
have two 6.5 gmc diesels also, no complaints

I believe all the new models, all manufacturers, have an emission cleaner that's a pain in the azz.

·
Renaissance Man
6,818 Posts
I got colleagues who had the notorious 6.0,...tainted them badly with Ford

Still not enough to persuade them from upgading to the newer 6.7 :laughing:

Me, I stuck with the 6.2 gasser because I don't log that many miles or tow huge equipment...It's been a great motor so far.

·
Gen. Contractor
3,194 Posts
I had a 2012 ford f350 with the 6.7. Just bought a 2014- bad ass motors in what I think is the nicest/ most comfortable cab.

·
Love me some Concrete
1,834 Posts
I have a 2010 F-350 Crew cab Dually and have been very pleased with it. Makes a chit ton of pulling power! I think it has the 6.4, not a big motor guy, so I might be wrong. I like the Ford interiors much better, very user friendly and more room than Dodge or Chevy. I have 3 kids and wanted the extra room just in case. I had a Dodge and it's cab is just a bit smaller but noticeable except for the mega cab.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Im a chevy man so we know where Im going.....lol

D- max pulls the loaded 31ft enclosed race trailer thru the mountains at 75 mph with 0 issues

Cummins will keep up as well but the ford in the caravan has a hard time pulling the hills at speed loaded (trans and high egt)

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
6,792 Posts
I heard yesterday , not from any offical sourse , that dodge is going to be using it's own diesel, and ford is going to start using the cummins. Anyone else heard about this?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Poor Ford boys still wishin they had a real diesel lol. Pretty sure that was some bad hear say.

We run an 05 Cummins 3500. All stock except a Smarty SR programmer. 180,000 on original clutch still pulls like a frieght train. Engine has popped an injector line and two water pumps. Never has stopped running.

·
Gen. Contractor
3,194 Posts
Robinson_Cnst said:
Poor Ford boys still wishin they had a real diesel lol. Pretty sure that was some bad hear say. We run an 05 Cummins 3500. All stock except a Smarty SR programmer. 180,000 on original clutch still pulls like a frieght train. Engine has popped an injector line and two water pumps. Never has stopped running.
6.7 scorpion is as "real" a diesel as it gets :)

·
Professional Contractor
58 Posts
6.7 Ford Scorpion Diesel.

2011 and a 2014. Both are BEASTS. Have only run Fords for the last 20 years.
Can't really talk about the Dodges or Chevy's.
lots of all of them on the road.

·
Interior Remodeling
1,275 Posts
I got a 06 6.0 Powerstroke. Absolutely love it. Go to Powerstroke.org and start reading. Once you have a grasp of what to watch and do the preventive work they are badass. Cheaper than buying a new highly restricted diesel.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have an 06 6.0. It's been amazing since the new motor. Lol. There's definitively deals to be had with a 6.0 with their reputation but you need to know what to look for and what causes the issues.

If I was buying a new or newer one I'd love a superduty with the 6.7. Beautiful trucks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I heard yesterday , not from any offical sourse , that dodge is going to be using it's own diesel, and ford is going to start using the cummins. Anyone else heard about this?
They just spent god knows how much money engineering the 6.7L from the ground up... ain't a way in hell thats true.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts