Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

i am not a contractor, and i know i don't belong in this forum. I have posted my question on other forums, but no one seems to take it seriously. I have read some post on this forum, and i found you guys are very experienced and educated on this area.So, i hope you can guys can give me a hand here...

i am planning to put tiles on my second stores kitchen's floor.
i have pulled out the previous vinyl floor and other wood board.
As you can see from the pictures i have uploaded, the kitchen's floor are left with slat wood(i think) and some 3/4 plywood around the exit door area.
DSCN0341.jpg

DSCN0335.jpg

DSCN0329.jpg

DSCN0324.jpg

DSCN0328.jpg

DSCN0340.jpg

should i perform the following steps to tile my floor?
1) screw down 1/4 pine plywood on the floor
2) use cement mud the gaps between the plywood
3) use latex primer to prime the plywood
4) level the floor with self-leveling compound
5) install Dita underlayment
6) then install the tiles....

any help would be nice
Thank you
Phil

·
Super Moderator
24,718 Posts
Hey Phil,

More to it than what you are asking.

Better off calling a Pro....

Topic Closed...

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,879 Posts
Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractors to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.