How To Get Osha Hazwoper Training? - Hazardous Materials - Contractor Talk

How To Get Osha Hazwoper Training?

Old 05-17-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
New Guy

Trade: Contractor
Rewards Points: 10

How To Get Osha Hazwoper Training?

Hey i am a contractor based in Simi Valley california. I wanted get my hazwoper training certification. Went to the government website and it was really confusing. Just wanted to know from where should i get my osha hazwoper training from. Also wanted to know which is the best mode online or offline? Keep in mind i am newbie. Looking for all the help i can get and thanks in advance

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 05-19-2010, 07:06 PM   #2
New Guy

Trade: Cabinet Refacing, New Cabinets, Kitchen Design

Re: How To Get Osha Hazwoper Training?

I am getting my,
OSHA 10hr for General Industry
40hr HAZWOPER (Hazardous Waste Operations & Emergency Response) as described by 29 CFR 1910.120 & 8 CCR Sec. 5129
FREE thru an ARRA grant giving to the community college's in California. Check with your local community colllege district they may also have this program on offer if they got ARRA money, or clean workforce investment act money or CEWTP funding.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement

Old 05-20-2010, 12:54 AM   #3

Trade: Design

Hey nice to know that you are interested in going for hazwoper training certification. i would suggest that you first read up about Osha Hazwoper FAO's which are available at osha government webstie

I did my osha hazwoper training at Hazmat Student.You can check them out and take a call. Also before making a decision, its pretty important to decide the the kind of training you want. In case you are time strapped, i would suggest an online training otherwise offline classes are the best option. Hope i helped. Cheersgl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2010, 02:27 AM   #4
New Guy

Trade: Contractor

Thanks Shane. I had a look at and kindof semi shortlisted for the site you suggested hazwoper online training but haven't decided as of yet.
But thanks for your suggestions and thanks to ockitchensolver too.

Last edited by Adam1; 06-09-2010 at 02:29 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:45 PM   #5
Henry Wilter

Trade: Drywall

You have some options here. Most people prefer to take it on-site, but some love the online aspect. Be aware though, if you take the HAZWOPER Training online, you must still take the donning, doffing and PPE sections with a hands on instructor.

Last edited by Kent Whitten; 09-15-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #6
sam74

Trade: Civil and Site engineer
Rewards Points: 25

I'm getting it free next week. Not sure of the arragement but it is being taught at a local labor union hall. New job with big contractor doing demo management at gov. facility under ARRA contract. All union labor so it may be free.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #7

Trade: framing

Here's a place that offers online HAZWOPER training:

emergency-response-hazwoper-training.findlay.edu

Advertisement

Tags
osha hazwoper training