Where Are You Guys Getting Your Jobs? - Sandblasting - Contractor Talk

Where Are You Guys Getting Your Jobs?

Old 04-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #1

Trade: Sandblasting
Rewards Points: 75

Where Are You Guys Getting Your Jobs?

For anyone that has read any of my posts, I am just getting started but I've got a lot of passion and ambition and all I want to do is start and grow my business. I've currently got a few jobs lined up just from advertising on craigslist and renewing it weekly. My ads have been viewed quite a bit and I'm averaging a job a week from it.

My question is where do the majority of sandblasting jobs come from (as in, what are the actual jobs)? Craigslist put me in touch with a few individuals with a job, but I'm looking for the glory hole of jobs. I live in rural Michigan and my advertising targets are trucking companies, excavating companies, farmers, tire shops, body shops and mechanic garages. I tend to think I will obtain more jobs from a business than an individual. I'm just curious who other sandblasters are working for. Thanks for helping a rookie.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 04-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Remodeling
Rewards Points: 582

Re: Where Are You Guys Getting Your Jobs?

I'm guessing anyone who paints large equipment would need sandblasting. Make contact with local heavy equipment dealers.

Advertisement

Old 04-26-2013, 06:13 AM   #3
Trial and Error Opperator

Trade: SandBlasting/Soda Blasting
Rewards Points: 864

Sled,
in your other post you said the weather is bad... that means everyone else is in there shop working to..
you need to hit the road with some cards, meet these people and shake hands like a your running for office .. !

Auto shops, trucking guys, construction, mechanic shops, auto sales
farmers,,,

anyone that can either use your sevices or can pass a card to a friend that needs it.

Hey, i was in Alpena a few years ago when i was in the Air National Gaurd did some cable installation there.
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/dyers.sodablasting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #4
Todd

Trade: media blasting
Rewards Points: 762

Unfortunately there will be no glory hole...it will all come from different niche markets. Lots of wide open throttle and heavy on the brakes with this business. Keep working like Jim and the rest of us by shaking hands and following through with every single person that you encounter.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #5
Trial and Error Opperator

Trade: SandBlasting/Soda Blasting
Rewards Points: 864

I beleive its called

Feast or Famine
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/dyers.sodablasting
Old 04-26-2013, 06:13 PM   #6
Pro

Trade: DUST FREE Media Blasting and Sandblasting
Rewards Points: 838

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledhead54 View Post
For anyone that has read any of my posts, I am just getting started but I've got a lot of passion and ambition and all I want to do is start and grow my business. I've currently got a few jobs lined up just from advertising on craigslist and renewing it weekly. My ads have been viewed quite a bit and I'm averaging a job a week from it.

My question is where do the majority of sandblasting jobs come from (as in, what are the actual jobs)? Craigslist put me in touch with a few individuals with a job, but I'm looking for the glory hole of jobs. I live in rural Michigan and my advertising targets are trucking companies, excavating companies, farmers, tire shops, body shops and mechanic garages. I tend to think I will obtain more jobs from a business than an individual. I'm just curious who other sandblasters are working for. Thanks for helping a rookie.
I hang out at the exit of the Holland Tunnel with a squeegee and a squirt bottle... when I see a rusty car i blast it.

It's called viral marketing.

Advertisement