Great News! - Sandblasting - Contractor Talk

Great News!

Old 05-11-2017, 07:40 PM   #1

Trade: Dustless Blasting
Rewards Points: 28

Great News!

Well, we picked up our 2012 EcoQuip 200t. We went with the smaller unit for 2 reasons, 1: Price. The 400t's that we were finding are still 30-40k used. 2. Most of the jobs we are getting lined up I don't think are going to require the high pressures the 400T puts out to justify spending the cost in fuel its gonna eat.

Other good news is we've been starting to line up jobs for us. Some of the jobs we have I never even thought of. We're doing a 45ft Aluminum tanker, a cast iron tub, a 69 charger, and some steel support columns in a housing complex. Our toughest job is a 650 sq ft patio around a pool that the customer wants to have the top layer blasted off. I'm not sure how thick it is, so I told him we'd come out and do a test patch to see how it acts. We are usually using 40/70 grit crush glass, but the more I think about it the more I think we are gonna need something harder to do the patio. Garnet maybe? Does anyone have any experience blasting something like this?

Any input and suggestions for us and this job as well as the other is GREATLY appreciated. Its been about an 8 month long process to get to this point between the business plan, research, financing, insurance, marketing and licensing. However, we are still a small two man operation and looking to learn from you guys with the years of experience.

Thanks in advance!

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 05-11-2017, 07:54 PM   #2
New Guy

Trade: Sandblasting wannabe
Rewards Points: 24

Re: Great News!

Congrats to your success. I'm at the very beginning of the planning/picking equipment. Thanks for sharing.

Advertisement

The Following User Says Thank You to WesleyH For This Useful Post:
WestwoodBlast (05-11-2017)