Anyone W/ A 1984-1992 Smith Ford V8 Tow Compressor Who Can Report Back ? - Sandblasting - Contractor Talk

Anyone W/ A 1984-1992 Smith Ford V8 Tow Compressor Who Can Report Back ?

Old 11-21-2019, 06:07 PM   #1

Trade: Sandblasting
Rewards Points: 10

Anyone W/ A 1984-1992 Smith Ford V8 Tow Compressor Who Can Report Back ?

I have a Smith Tow Behind Compressor that was supposed to be raised away from brigands and thieves. It was not. At least my one screw type I-R was raised and not damaged.

A thief attempted to make off with the compressor but discovered his old Ranger could not pull it(I have an axle lock system I devised). He then decided to either steal small parts or just vandalize it.

He took the coil, the air cleaner, and tried to get the carb. A guard dog bit him and he left the carb and air cleaner, he probably dropped the coil somewhere but metal detecting has yet to find it.

The compressor has the 84-87 electronic ignition style distributor, found a electronic ignition box that powers the 4 cylinders that fire(4 fire, 4 have a flat head that produces compressed air by the piston rotating up and compressing air in the cylinder).

The coil and coil wire is missing and he cut the wires that run from the wiring harness to the coil. The coil had male type round + and - terminals that accepted a female terminal, each female terminal had two wires run to it. There is a brown, green, red, and black set of wires. So for example(brown and green potentially could have joined and run to + with the other two running to -).

This is the era compressor(this is a parts compressor which regrettably no long has an engine or any diagram to aid in repair):

These are the wires:

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement