Bath Tub Resurfacing - Specialty Coatings - Contractor Talk

Bath Tub Resurfacing

Old 01-25-2014, 12:27 PM   #1

Trade: Painting
Rewards Points: 10

Bath Tub Resurfacing

Hi everyone

I am a licensed painting contractor in Bluffton SC and am wanting to start doing bath tub/tile and counter top resurfacing.
I have been researching some of the companies out there like Munro bath tub products, Integrity coatings, NAPCO and a few others.
I have reached a point now where I don't know anymore which of these companies products are really good and which are not.
Some of the companies offer online training and some are trying to sell the idea that one has to go to their location for training for two or three days which involves airfare, hotel accommodation and the $500 fee for the training itself.
Can somebody give me some advice on which supplier has the best product for tub refinishing,tile resurfacing, counter top resurfacing.
I would really appreciate some positive feed back and help here.
You can also reach me on my cell on 843 540 6284 if you want to call me with advice.

Thanks
Vincent

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 01-25-2014, 10:20 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: custom home building
Rewards Points: 2,624

Re: Bath Tub Resurfacing

I had a tub crack or scratch or whatever repaired once and the guy was with some franchise and he could have put a coating on the floors, etc. if I had let him. Sometimes you'll be in a bathroom which has been coated.

I thought the name of the franchise was saniflo or sanitec or something like that, but that is not correct.

I could see how something like this might be of value if you had a motel with a bunch of bathrooms which needed re-tiled and you could do this and get down the road for a few more years.

Advertisement

Old 01-26-2014, 02:34 AM   #3
Chief Reporter of Spam

Trade: Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling
Rewards Points: 1,290

Re: Bath Tub Resurfacing

My refinisher orders his stuff from www.hawklabs.com
As far as I know, it's good stuff and I've never had a call back on refinishing.