Acid Stain Bar Floor - Specialty Coatings - Contractor Talk

Acid Stain Bar Floor

Old 01-10-2014, 10:21 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: Flooring, wall covering, Handy-man
Rewards Points: 380

Acid Stain Bar Floor

I want to acid stain a bar floor (service area 200 sq/ft)

Needless to say I won't have the luxury of time for just any products, I need something that I can prep and stain one night and seal the following. We would cover the floor between steps

I will have roughly 10 hours for each day before someone is on this floor, there are 2 days where this restaurant doesn't do lunch and it would buy us 4 additional hours but this would be over a weekend and I would prefer not to do this on a Friday and Saturday night.

Can anyone recommend a product line that could be used in this short time.

Any suggestions would be great

Thanks

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 01-11-2014, 08:59 PM   #2
Particulate Filter

Trade: Flooring
Rewards Points: 1,484

Re: Acid Stain Bar Floor

I do not know of a product that would work. Ive seen local concrete finishers use aqua pon. Theres no way you could get back on that in less than 24 hours.

If youve never done this job working through the middle of the night is a recipe for failure. Something will break or youll forget something and the what do you do? Wait for daylight? How do you have any idea how long the grinding sequences will take?

Im all for trying new things but doing this one without a support network of vendors and tight deadlines is a bad idea.

Advertisement

www.portlandhardwoodrefinishing.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Metro M & L For This Useful Post:
aptpupil (01-16-2014)
Old 01-16-2014, 07:17 AM   #3
Pro

Trade: Commercial Waterproofing, Masonry Restoration
Rewards Points: 254

Re: Acid Stain Bar Floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rservices View Post
I want to acid stain a bar floor (service area 200 sq/ft)

Needless to say I won't have the luxury of time for just any products, I need something that I can prep and stain one night and seal the following. We would cover the floor between steps

I will have roughly 10 hours for each day before someone is on this floor, there are 2 days where this restaurant doesn't do lunch and it would buy us 4 additional hours but this would be over a weekend and I would prefer not to do this on a Friday and Saturday night.

Can anyone recommend a product line that could be used in this short time.

Any suggestions would be great

Thanks
You might be able to do this: http://www.lmcc.com/products/techdata/color_fast.pdf

Be sure to read the instructions about clearing the area of odor after the application of sealer, before you allow food back in the area.