"White Water" - Plumbing - Contractor Talk

"White Water"

Old 04-27-2009, 06:01 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: General
Rewards Points: 250

"White Water"

we are working in a commercial building were everyone of their drinking fountains have "milky" (maybe to strong a discription) or better yet the glass I used ended up looking like a frosted glass mug. it's just not clear water like I'm use to seeing.

It's cool but not cold, it tastes a bit "metalish" but not horrible, and if you let it sit for a few minutes it clears up, the guys have no problem drinking it (they told me they still drink out of a garden hose) but I stay away from it.

Is this a matter of changing the filter or a issue with the cooling? None of the other buildings in the area have this problem... just this one place, oh and btw the lavatories have the same issue...

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 04-27-2009, 06:25 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: GC/Remodeling
Rewards Points: 1,730

Re: "White Water"

It's the government... They're onto you!

Advertisement

'It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance.'-Thomas Sowell
Old 04-28-2009, 06:59 AM   #3

Trade: Plumbing
Rewards Points: 75

Sounds very familiar in situations where there is too much oxygen in the water. This is not harmful yet annoying. It clears up after a few minutes because it has time to escape.
As far as the matalic taste, may consider the water source, ie// perhaps galvanized pipe coming into the building or the age of the water main in the street. As far as the temperature you would have to run the drinking fountain a long time to get cold water as the gpm on that fixture is restricted. Sometimes you get "bubbles" in your water if the main water shut off is defective causing "turbulance".

Old 04-28-2009, 10:04 AM   #4
Pro

cool... so it's not the Government...
Old 04-28-2009, 10:07 AM   #5
Pro

I'd rather deal with "white water" than "Black water"!