Propane Tank Relocation - Plumbing - Contractor Talk

Propane Tank Relocation

Old 02-14-2008, 03:10 PM   #1
Al Smith

Trade: Home Improvement contractor since 1983, In building field since 1974, Licensed
Rewards Points: 1,000

Propane Tank Relocation

Do propane suppliers relocate tanks as part of their service contract or do P&H contractors do this? I have to demo a small shed that the tank is behind and build a garage in its place. This tank is for the house. Although the client may opt to heat his garage with a modine.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 02-14-2008, 04:07 PM   #2
Preserving the Past

Trade: Restoration & Historic Preservation
Rewards Points: 2,060

Re: Propane Tank Relocation

It would be your best bet to have a supplier do it. I needed to have a 500 lb. underground tank raised a few feet. The propane supplier showed up, drained the tank into there delivery truck, then moved the tank were I wanted it with one of there lift trucks. They won't put the gas back in unless A) They do the reconnection's or B) They inspect the reconnection (for a fee). I just let them take care of it.

Advertisement

Old 02-14-2008, 06:49 PM   #3
Al Smith

Trade: Home Improvement contractor since 1983, In building field since 1974, Licensed
Rewards Points: 1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason W View Post
It would be your best bet to have a supplier do it. I needed to have a 500 lb. underground tank raised a few feet. The propane supplier showed up, drained the tank into there delivery truck, then moved the tank were I wanted it with one of there lift trucks. They won't put the gas back in unless A) They do the reconnection's or B) They inspect the reconnection (for a fee). I just let them take care of it.
Sounds like a plan. Ill find out from the owner who the supplier is. They will have to move it twice, Once to get it and its underground line out of the way of the excavation and to put it back behind the garage once it is built.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2008, 10:01 PM   #4
Pro

Trade: Plumbing
Rewards Points: 150

Here if the tanks are leased the supplier wants to move their tank. If the ho owns the tank then we will move it.